Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Thus ends my travel adventure.... not without some adventure!

Today is the day I come back to LA. But not without some adventure.

So I struggled last night with a fever..... I felt really cold even though the air was not on. After fighting it for some time, I decided to take two Advils which helped reduce the fever. However, because of the fever, I didn't get much sleep...... and so I was tired during the day, and the fever came back on.

But! Must have breakfast! So Ruby and I met up one last time for breakfast before I leave for the airport.
Pretty good food.... but I was still having a fever, so I really don't have much of an appetite. So I took the bao to go and went to the airport.

The Taoyuan MRT to airport is officially open now! It's one straight shot from Taipei station to the airport.... NICE!
Saw this sign at the airport...... hahahah..
Anyways. So I still have a fever while on the flight and I was getting a bit nervous. Why? Because I have to transfer my flight at Korea, which means that I have to go through the customs twice, which means going through quarantine twice. I only have 2 Advils left, and I was afraid that I won't be able to get the fever under control when I go there....... eek..

So 30 minutes before the flight landed, I took one Advil. I felt a bit better, but I was still aching everywhere. We got off from the plane and I saw the quarantine station and I said "oh no.... I hope they don't catch me". As I was walking through it, the man stopped me and wanted to check my temperature. He used the ear thermometer and it registered 38.6C. He showed it to me, and I was trying to see if I can get by... so I asked him what temperature is normal, and he said "this is not normal". Sigh. He was gonna take out a sheet of paper to quarantine me, but he asked where I came from, whether I went to the Middle East, I said no.. just Taiwan. He asked if I were staying in Korea, I said no, I'm going back to US today. And he just let me off. Thank God.... and that whole conversation went by with my coarse voice.... which makes it super evident that I'm sick. Eek.

I bought some Korean medicine at the airport in case this happens again in America (then I would REALLY be quarantined) and flew back to America. Thank God the fever pretty much went away on the airplane... and I was able to eat some of this airplane food (the sickness still makes me not want to eat as much as I should...)
And this is how I looked like on the airplane...
I remind myself of Kakashi from Naruto. Bleh.

So entering America. There was no quarantine station! I was really scared because I still had a slight fever.... and I was very thankful there was no quarantine or else I might be stowed away in some hotel for a while.....

I'm back in Cali! And that ends my 6 weeks of Asia adventure. I may continue to write more blogs if there are more adventures.... but that's it for not. Thank you faithful readers for following my journal for the last 6 weeks! I'm planning to write a "after thought" blog about my thoughts of Korea and Taiwan.... till then, stay healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Man..... feel like every time someone goes to TW, or travels, or maybe it's just a teacher-let-loose thing..... bound to get sick :( but you must be super tired from all the traveling too

    ReplyDelete