Sunday, July 15, 2018

Last day at cafe and I ordered food delivery!!

Today's schedule was quite chill. We woke up this morning to go to a church in Gangnam, an English speaking church. The church consisted of mostly Korean Americans and foreigners.
It's a nice church that we checked out today. It was maybe more Korean style (?).

After the service, we went to eat brunch with our newly made friend from the cafe. Her name is Brianna and her English is superb, even though she has never studied outside of Korea! It's amazing!
Our brunch was very American styled breakfast, which was good, but a bit pricey. Joyce and I both thought that if this can get popular in Korea, we should just open a restaurant like that in Korea and make lots of money! (the two people in the back basically did not talk for the entire meal....)

After brunch, we went to do our last four hours at the cafe. We had a lot of people the first hour, but it died down really quickly the next three hours. I was even able to practice Korean with the owner for an hour!

We then went to Myeongdong to shop for a few hours. We bought quite a few cosmetics stuff.

Tonight was the World Cup Final (just finished. What a crazy game!!), and since it started at 12am Korean Time, I thought that I should order some fried chicken to eat while celebrating. This required that either 1) I call the place to order, which I was a little scared about or, 2) download this app called "Yogiyo" and order delivery from there. I opted for the second (which Brianna also told me was the thing to do). I think ordering food itself took me like an hour! There was a lot of Korean to read!!

After finally setting up my account and ordering the food, it told me that it will be ready in 39 minutes.
The delivery guy called my phone after like 15 minutes (much faster than expected) and I picked up the order at the door.
Success in ordering chicken for watching World Cup!
So while I was eating chicken, Joyce was doing her "10-step Korean skin care process". The chicken was good.... but some of it was a bit dry. I think they probably gave me some older parts because I ordered delivery. The radish from the box wasn't that good... but I suppose that's what happens when you order delivery.

I was very proud of myself for actually reading through all that Korean to be able to order delivery, even though it took an hour or so.... (the time it took for me to figure out how to order was longer than the delivery itself). Joyce called this the real immersion - to struggle through doing real life activities in Korean. It was pretty hard, but I'm glad I got through it.

The World Cup was crazy...... we watched it until now (2:32am), along with many Koreans who are also updating the status on social media minute by minute.

What do we have planned for the next few days? Well, we got tickets for Chicago Musical (in Korean), baseball tickets, going to visit the Korean World Cup stadium, Meet Up for Korean language study, meet up with some people in Korea.... and eat a lot of stuff.

Alright, time to sleep! 2:37am!

2 comments:

  1. I was going to say I heard there’s a bunch of “animal cafes” in Korea!?
    Like cat cafe, owl cafe? Ferret cafe? If you are into that kind of stuff haha
    I’ve been kinda thinking what else you guys can do.. let me see if I come across anything cool.... haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Betti! I would love to find a puppy cafe or something...

      Delete