Sunday, June 11, 2017

T-7 Days

The excitement about my Asia trip builds as it gets closer! I'm really excited about going to Korea for the first time and about starting to pack this week! Woohoo!

I'm not exactly sure what to expect, but I know that I have a few "goals" in mind:

1. Learn more Korean.
2. Be more confident in speaking in Korean (like actually not be afraid to talk to people besides 안녕하세요 (I hope I even wrote that correctly)
3. Travel on my own for the first time.... go and experience Korea!
4. Check out whether things really look the same as they do in drama or vlogs.

I think I'm just really looking forward to traveling alone for the first time. I've been on business trips where I do travel by myself, but they're mostly in America and, well, kind of boring. You have to get everywhere by car, and even then, being an engineer means that you travel to remote places that have the factory, and so you aren't going to anywhere "fun". I've never been out of country by myself on vacation. And in a very highly developed countries in Asia, like Korea and Taiwan, means you can get anywhere by public transit system so quickly that you can get to more places faster. AND! I'm traveling to cities with dense population, which means there are LOTS MORE THINGS TO DO than in America. I'm really looking forward to just going outside my room and DO SOMETHING right away!

I remember having dreams as a kid that I was in Taiwan and I would just go downstairs and immediately walk to the night market where I can find things to buy and eat. Or even to convenient stores which are right next to our apartment. But then, that was always just a dream, because when I was in Taiwan, we would have to have our parents with us if we were to go anywhere. I've never gone back by myself... always with friends or parents.

But this time.... I'm really excited to be on my own and having my own adventure! I think the whole independence is just really exciting. Besides, I really feel like I need to just get away from "here" for a little while. I feel that I need to "get out" in order to break the invisible bonds on myself.... to just breathe a bit. Yeah. I think a change of scenery where I'm all the way across the globe might help.

On to the next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment