Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Culture Day. Quiz Day.

In our culture class today, we played a game to review all the culture activities we had done before and then checked which teams had the highest scores. I was working on the culture presentation that is due tomorrow last night, and because of that, I was able to review a lot of the activities we did, which helped me on the game! Unfortunately, my partner and I didn't win first place.... due to messing up on some easy question :( But I still feel very accomplished to be able to get so many correct!

And then we played basically Taboo, but with Korean words. We were competing against the other class, which is a higher Korean level than us. However, our class is super united.... and that is the best part about our class. I feel like the other classes in our program don't really have the "stick togetherness" like we do.... So yes, our Korean level isn't as good so we don't know a lot of the words that they put on the screen, but we just make up words to help our teammates guess. Haha.... it was super hilarious. Our lack of words means we're constantly using our body language to depict the word.... or we'll say in Korean "the English word for book" (book sounds like north in Korean). Or we'll say "the last word of subway, but without that top part of the word"... haha. Anyways, won!! Hahahahahah.... close game though, but we were super united.

And then I became the class representative to make the culture presentation that is due tomorrow. I was working on it last night because it sounded like they were just gonna do a Powerpoint slideshow thing, which I thought was too lame. So I busted out the iMovie on my laptop (which I've never used before) and just started playing with it. Within 2 hours, the movie was nearly done. I told my classmates today that I'm pretty much done with the presentation and if they want to just contribute to the song selection and some more pictures, we can pretty much call it a day. I really don't mind making the thing for the class since it's really quick anyways. They were all nice enough to all stay after the game was over to review the movie... which they were quite impressed, and then, it's done!

And here it is!
The clip kind of turned out to be like a Seventeen concert..... since both songs are from Seventeen. I think their songs are the most "family friendly" since they're written mostly with pure thinking lyrics..... as opposed to BTS or Big Bang.

Tomorrow is gonna be "prepare for final" day. Oiy. I'm kind of worried about the interview... since I've heard they're pretty strict about what they determine as meeting the mark. So yeah..... tomorrow is gonna be an afternoon of a lot of prep....

1 comment:

  1. I love everything about this post :P Korean taboo!!!! Class representative!!!!! GO Ms. YOUNG!! Awwwwwwww 3 more days left for you!

    ReplyDelete