Thursday, July 13, 2017

Nanta!

We started the language class today with performing a play from a script we wrote from an assortment of scenes we have to put together from the book. We recorded the play, but I don't have the clip yet.... so I'll post the details once that is available!

For the second half of the day, we went to see Nanta! Joyce and Rose both highly recommended Nanta so I'm glad I got to see it!

We went to Hongdae to see the show as a school (there were only like three classes who came to this show so we were only a small part of the entire program) and we pretty much filled up 1/3 of the theater (the theater is very small..... probably like a small church).

Here is a picture of going to the basement of the theater to go inside.
And our tickets.
A lot of people were already there waiting to go into the show.
The stage before the show.
My classmates!
There was a ton of audience participation in the show, and it was so fun! So the show is basically very very minimal talking, if any at all, so if you don't understand any Korean, you're totally fine. The show is about a restaurant preparing food for a wedding, and they do this through a lot of percussion music (banging on pots and pans, etc) as well as slapstick dances. 

Since there were so many of us, when they come down to pick people as volunteers, pretty much all the people they picked were from our class, haha. Two people from our school were selected as the bride and groom, and two TA's and one student were the dumpling makers. Haha.
The "groom" had seen the show before with his wife so he was acting his part so well on the show... hahaha. Even the actors were laughing at him.

They really put on a great show including the audience..... we had a lot of fun! Here's a look of the cast.
They had soooooo much energy..... amazing!

Sorry for the short post..... after the show, I went to my Singaporeans' apartment to have dinner and we talked for a long time, watching one of the Singaporean friend's dance videos. Haha. And then I came back to do homework until 12:30am or so.... and I'm still not done! Eeeek....!!

We only have 1 week left of school...... we all cannot believe it :( It went by kind of fast. I feel like by this time, a lot of people are starting to give up on school. Arriving late, being absent, leaving early..... Our final exam is 90% of our grade, which is a self-introduction orally. I think we're being graded on our fluency and grammar usage. Sigh. I hope I prepare well enough. And that is next week.

Alrighty, till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment