Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Chicago Musical

Wow.... we only have a week left before we go back! Time really goes by fast!

We woke up today rather late again.... and first thing first, gotta eat! I took Joyce to the Sinchon area (where I lived last year) in an attempt to find my favorite restaurant last year, except it's no longer there! I suppose turnover does happen fast if you don't have enough customers in a year :( So we just ate at whatever became of the new restaurant. It's not bad, but I still miss the old place....
Joyce got the 쫄면,
And I got the 칼국수 (I don't know how to translate it into English..... the store basically just sells a lot of different kinds of noodles..)
After lunch, Joyce and I parted our ways again where she stayed at a cafe to read another book (she finished one out of five books yesterday!) and I went to shop. I think Joyce keeps getting heat stroke so she can't stay outside for too long :(

My favorite shopping place is the Ewha University shopping street (or one of my favorite shopping places), and the subway is quite low, so you have to take this super long escalator up to the ground.
And I got another "ade" to help me fight the heat! It was really super hot.... so hot and humid that my drink kept "sweating".
After Joyce finished her book #2, she met up with me at Ewha University. She's not as interested in shopping.... but she's interested in eating watermelon!
So today marked the first day of summer for Koreans. They go by the lunar calendar, and June 5th in the lunar calendar is the first day of summer. To fight the heat, everyone eats samgyetang (ginseng chicken soup). It was even broadcasted in the news yesterday. Since we ate noodles for lunch, we thought to eat samgyetang for dinner....... except they ran out!!! Geez. So we got the jjimdak (chicken stew?) instead.
Jjimdak is this restaurant's specialty..... so they even have a little chicken to go with it!
It was pretty good.... huge portion for two people. However, the Korean chicken is so much smaller than American chicken. Which I consider a good thing, since American chicken probably look that way because of too much hormone. But seriously, when I was eating things like fried chicken, I was like "you call this a drumstick?! It's so small!"

After dinner, it's time to head over to D Cube Art Center to watch Chicago! It's my first time watching musical in Korea so I was pretty excited. I had to review some songs on the subway so that I remember that plot... or else I won't be able to understand the show in Korean :(
It was a good show. The place was PACKED, even on Tuesday night! It was exactly like the Chicago musical, but in Korean! Seriously, I could only understand maybe 20% of what they say.... sigh. Joyce learned one word in Korean, 아기 (which means baby) because they kept singing it over and over in that song where Roxie says it's all about the baby and her. Repetition helps! Hahaha...

When we got back to the hostel, we decided to try this sample of Innisfree's new product of Super Volcanic Peel Off Mask, 2x!
This is before, with fresh mask.
This is after mask has dried after 20 minutes. Cannot move our face anymore!
As I was peeling it off.... like a snake!
And my face after the mask.
It's pretty good. But I really can't tell with all this product stuff... hahaha. Joyce was thoroughly impressed by the mask though!

I can't believe we only have a week left before we go back. Part of me feels that it's probably time to go since we really don't have anything we have to do in Korea anymore, after we quit that language cafe. But part of me feels like I really don't want to go back to my regular life, because it almost seems like time stops while I am on vacation; I can just use the excuse that "I'm on vacation" to ignore responsibilities. But once I'm back to US, I would have to face many responsibilities that are waiting for me to take care of. As much as I love teaching, I dread lesson planning.... and just thinking about that wants me to stay in Korea longer (haha). I really hope not to be on vacation mode again for an entire year again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment