Tuesday, June 20, 2017

한국에 왔어요!

Here I am! Tom Bradley! Finally, the day has arrived for me to go to Korea!
I am coming!

The on-flight food was pretty good. I got bibimbap with a tube of gochujang.... I managed to make it into pretty good bibimbap.

The other meal I chose a chicken pasta, not bad.
Throughout the entire flight, I managed to watch four movies with no sleep. This has been a crazy day where I pretty much haven't slept for 24 hours -_-. Anyways.... I got to watch Beauty and the Beast (was ok, I feel that Emma Watson's portrayal of Belle was too feminist than the cartoon), Sing! (great movie! I cried!), Passengers (pretty good! It's totally a Chris Pratt movie where it's like Chris Pratt humor throughout the entire thing), and Moana (pretty good... the drawings and expressions on the characters are so much more realistic nowadays).

Arrived at Incheon Airport and got checked in without much problem. Made it to the subway station and bought my T-Money card. Line characters! 
Sat on the subway train for an hour.... got lost trying to get to my room :( 

Ate some tteokbokki and sundae from the street vendor.... sundae tastes really good!
Thought of the day: When I got to the airport, I had no thoughts whatsoever about being in Korea. Why? I just felt like I'm in H-Mart all over again, except that they may not understand English if I speak in English. Pretty much everyone spoke to me in Korean when they first see me, until they see that I reply in English, then they stop talking to me -_-. I finally managed to use Korean to ask for directions and buy things..... but they all look at me weird. Probably because my accent is quite strange :(

I got a roommate for the program. She's Canadian and still in college (!)... and pretty quiet. I think our Korean level is about the same, which means we can really practice with each other. 

Alright, time to sleep.......zzzzzz......

3 comments:

  1. YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! soooo exciting following your blog! The food does not look that appealing to me tho lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh! Ann! So glad you made it to Korea okay! I love bibimbap they serve on the airplane! I think asiana was the first one to serve it! Tteockbokki and soon looks so good! I loled the part that you said it's like you are at Hmart. Lol. Love taking subway in Korea. You can get everywhere with that thing! I hope you have awesome adventure with your new roommate! Ok, on to your next post! Thanks for documenting everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have picked the same movies to watch!

    " I just felt like I'm in H-Mart all over again" hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete