Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Cooking class and..... my SIM card doesn't work :(

So we went to a cooking class today....... they really overestimate our Korean comprehension ability. Everything was done in Korean..... but a bit slower so we can understand. But hey, working under pressure means that our Korean comprehension is even slower! Eek!!

But first. The obligatory dorm food picture. This is from breakfast. Oh. So. Good.
So we were to meet at the 2nd exit of Ewha station, and we got there a bit early so we can find some food. Since we were cooking in the class anyways, we thought we'll just get a light lunch.... so a bunch of us bought some juice.
This lady is super nice, and all the juices are so tasty and fresh! I got the kiwi-banana and it was really good! She uses sugar from sugar cane water for sweetening. Yum!
And it was just 3,000 won. It would have been at least $5.50 in U.S.

Here are some pictures of us hanging around eating our food, or drinking our juice, until the meeting time.
To get to the cooking class, we had to take an elevator up 6 floors. There were a lot of students, so we cramped into one elevator....
It was quite cramped and hot..... so one girl took out her portable fan. Hahaha..

Alright, so for culture class, three classes went to Korean cooking class. We made jeum chicken (I don't know how to spell it :( ) and seafood pancake. I must say, my seafood pancake making skills is STILL the same as in U.S. Ahh...
The food actually turned out really good! Here is the final product...
There was so much food that we took the leftovers back. It's gonna be my lunch today.....

And then I went to a close by Christian store at Sinchon afterwards. It was not very appealing... more like a warehouse.
I saw some pretty desk placard things... but my reading was too slow to understand what they say, so I took some pictures so I can check and decide which one to use later.

Now for the phone issue. Somehow my SIM stopped working today, which means I can't access the cellular network even though I still have data left. So frustrating! I spent hours yesterday trying to figure out what to do...... restarting my phone, resetting my phone, resetting network, using my old T-Mobile SIM card, etc etc. Nothing worked. Urgh! Their customer service on Facebook and e-mail aren't great either. So I'm gonna see if I can drop by an office today to get some help. Eeek!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh man! Good luck with your phone! I'm going to need to eat before I read your posts or put a bucket under my mouth. I'm salivating so much! I guess you can imagine cooking class like going to France to study cooking. Also in a different language and fast paced. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kiwi banana canesugar juice sound so refreshingly good!!!
    is there usually no meat in the dorm food??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... I think they were going with the cheaper route so there isn't too much meat. But I'm not complaining! It's so good anyways!

      Delete
  3. Traditional Korean food doesn't use too much meat. We now eat a lot of meat but even 40 50 years ago Korea was a poor country. We came a long way that now Korea is known for Korean BBQ and soju. Hahaha

    I love all you food pictures... I wish I can taste them!

    ReplyDelete